Tuesday, August 18, 2026

"PROBLEM SOLVING in Light of WHO GOD Is"

 

Jeremiah 32:17-27 "Ah LORD GOD ! behold, THOU hast made the Heaven and the Earth by THY great power, and stretched out arm, and there is nothing too hard for THEE: THOU showest lovingkindness unto thousands, and recompensest  the iniquity of the fathers into the bosom of their children after them: the GREAT, the MIGHTY GOD, the LORD of hosts, is HIS name, great in counsel, and mighty in work: for THINE eyes are open upon all the ways of the sons of men: to give every one according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings: which hast set signs and wonders in the land of Egypt, even unto this day, and in Israel, and among other men; and hast made there a name, as at this day; and hast brought forth THY people Israel out of the land of Egypt with signs, and with wonders, and with a strong hand, and with a stretched out arm, and with great terror; and hast given them this land, which THOU didst swear to their fathers to give them, a land flowing with milk and honey; and they came in, and possessed it; but they obeyed not THY voice, neither walked in THY Law; they have done nothing of all that THOU commanded them to do ; therefore THOU hast caused all this evil to come upon them: Behold the mounts, they are come unto the city to take it; and the city is given into the hand of the Chaldeans, that fight against it, because of the sword, and of the famine, and of the pestilence; and what thou hast spoken is come to pass; and, behold, THOU seest it. And THOU hast said unto me, O LORD GOD, Buy thee the field for money, and take witnesses; for the city is given into the hand of the Chaldeans. Then came the WORD of the LORD unto Jeremiah, saying, BEHOLD, I AM the LORD, the GOD of all flesh: is there anything too hard for ME ?"
     We all would likely agree that, even as Christians, we often encounter difficulties in life for which we desperately want solutions. To that end, we need to consider problem-solving in the light of WHO GOD is. How do you respond to the frequent challenges in life, whether small or great ? Do you get mad or glad ? In this extended lesson, let us consider who GOD is as revealed to us in the Scriptures and how that knowledge relates to the problems we encounter in our earthly journey.
     First, note that GOD is omnipotent - all-powerful and able to do whatever HE wills in harmony with HIS nature. HE is able to solve any problem. Nothing is too hard for HIM, and no problem is too big. "Ah LORD GOD ! Behold, THOU has made the Heaven and the Earth by THY great power and stretched out arm, and there is nothing too hard for THEE. . .BEHOLD, I AM the LORD, the GOD of all flesh: is there anything too hard for ME ?" (vv.17,27). Through HIM I can do all things, as the Apostle Paul told the believers at Philippi: "I can do all things through CHRIST which strengtheneth me" (Philippians 4:13 pictured above).
     Second, GOD is omniscient - all-knowing. HE sees all things, both actual and hypothetical - past, present, and future - in one eternal act. HE understands all about your problem, and HE knows its solution. HE also is aware of how much you can bear (1st.Corinthians 10:13 pictured above). Moses reminded the Israelites: "For the LORD thy GOD hath blessed thee in all the works of thy hand: HE knoweth thy walking through this great wilderness . . . The LORD thy GOD hath been with thee; thou hast lacked nothing (Deuteronomy 2:7 pictured above). Simply trust your almighty omniscient GOD through whatever problems may come your way.

Romans 11:33-36 "O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of GOD ! how unsearchable are HIS judgments, and HIS ways past finding out ! For who hath known the mind of the LORD ? or who hath been HIS counselor ? or who hath first given to HIM, and it shall be recompensed unto HIM again ? For of HIM, and through HIM, and to HIM, are all things: to WHOM be glory forever. AMEN."
     "The righteous cry, and the LORD heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles" (Psalm 34:17). We all have problems of various kinds. They may be large or small and can be encountered at home, at the workplace, in the church, anywhere and everywhere. However, no predicament or concern exists that cannot be solved when it is confronted from the foundational truth of WHO GOD is. If we put the matter in the light of GOD's person, remembering that HE is all-powerful and all-knowing, then our difficulties and dilemmas and the confusion concerning how to handle them will fade as we fix our eyes on the greatest of all problem-solvers.
     In addition to GOD's omnipotence and omniscience, HIS WORD reveals to us that HE is all-wise. In dealing with our obstacles, we must remember that he allows these challenges in our lives because HE understands what the best for us is and also knows the proper solution. In this part of our study, the Apostle Paul presents a doxology extolling the wisdom of GOD: "O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of GOD ! How unsearchable are HIS judgments, and HIS ways past finding out ! For who hath known the mind of the LORD ? Or who hath been HIS counselor ? Or who hath first given to HIM, and it shall be recompensed unto HIM again ? For of HIM, and through HIM, and to HIM, are all things: to WHOM be glory forever, AMEN."  Our GOD is the ONE WHO "worketh all things after the counsel of HIS own will" (Ephesians 1:11 pictured above). "The counsel of the LORD standeth forever, the thoughts of HIS heart to all generations" (Psalm 33:11 pictured above). Do you need a problem-solver today ? Go to the all-wise GOD. HE will never fail you.

Psalm 139:7-10 "Whither shall I go from THY SPIRIT ? or whither shall I flee from THY presence ? If I ascend up into Heaven, THOU art there: if I make my bed in Hell, behold, THOU art there. If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea; even there shall THY hand lead me, and THY right hand shall hold me."
     We must always remind ourselves that, no matter where we are or what our problems may be, we are never away from the presence of the LORD for our GOD is omnipresent - everywhere present. This is so distinctly brought before us in the words of David in our text above: "Whither shall I go from THY SPIRIT ? Or whither shall I flee from THY presence ? If I ascend up into Heaven, THOU art there: if I make my bed in Hell, behold, THOU art there. If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea; even there shall THY hand lead me, and THY right hand shall hold me." When we face any problem, we must remember that GOD is with us and is in us. We have the promise that HE will never leave nor forsake us (Hebrew 13:5 pictured above). The living GOD is our HELPER. "Fear thou not; for I AM with thee: be not dismayed; for I AM thy GOD: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of MY righteousness" (Isaiah 41:10). "Am I a GOD at hand, saith the LORD, and not a GOD afar off ? Can any hide himself in secret places that I shall not see him ? saith the LORD. Do not I fill Heaven and Earth ? saith the LORD" (Jeremiah 23:23-24).
     Furthermore, whenever we are in need of confronting life's challenges, it is vital to remember that GOD is immutable - HE is devoid of all change. Since HE never changes, HIS love and promises forever remain certain. HE WHO redeemed you is able to help you in whatever difficulties you encounter in the present. You can always count on GOD being GOD. Yes, HE declares, "I AM the LORD, I change not" (Malachi 3:6 pictured above). Bring all your troubles to HIM and leave them there. The unchanging GOD will never fail. JED
Your servant in CHRIST,
Julie
Copyright, FEATURE: A Daily Bible Study Guide.
Used  with  permission.    www.featoday.org

https://www.fivestarchristianministries.com/salvation









No comments:

Post a Comment