Tuesday, October 26, 2021

" HAPPY BIRTHDAY ! "

 


HAPPY ?

Of course - presents, cards and greetings, maybe a special meal.

But . . .

the years fly by so fast. Another year gone. each birthday becomes a reminder that we have one less year to live.

"The days of our years are threescore (60) and ten; and if by reason of strength they be fourscore (80) years, yet is their strength labor and sorrow; for it is soon cut off, and we fly away. (Psalm 90:10)

BIRTHDAY ?

Of course - we all celebrate the day we were born and became a member of a family.

But . . .

a far more important birthday occurs when we are born again as members of GOD's family.

"JESUS answered and said unto him (Nicodemus), Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of GOD." (John 3:3)

A GIFT ?

Of course - we like to receive gifts - even if they are soon forgotten or lost.

But . . .

how about a gift that can change your life and never be lost ? It comes from GOD, "For GOD so loved the world, that HE gave HIS only begotten SON, that whosoever believes in HIM should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16) And because JESUS fully paid the awful price, this gift is free for all who believe.

"Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the Gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; by which also ye are saved, . . For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that CHRIST died for our sins according to the Scriptures; and that HE was buried, and that HE rose again the third day according to the Scriptures:" (1st.Corinthians 15:1-2a,3-4) Some call this gift "salvation", or "being born again", or "eternal life", or "being reconciled to GOD."

Whatever you call it, take this gift and become a member of GOD's family today ! No one is promised any more time than the moment they are now living. GOD says, "BEHOLD, NOW is the accepted time; BEHOLD, NOW is the day of salvation." (2nd.Corinthians 6:2b) If you are serious about accepting this FREE GIFT pray this simple prayer with all your heart or one like it:

LORD, I know that I am a sinner; and I believe YOU died and rose again for me. I am trusting YOU to forgive me, come into my heart and saved me. Help me to live for YOU always. In JESUS' name I pray, AMEN.

"But as many as received HIM, to them gave HE the power to become the sons of GOD, even to them that believe on HIS name." (John 1:12) Everlasting life begins when we receive CHRIST as our personal SAVIOR. The LORD JESUS said, "Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that hears MY WORD, and believes on HIM that sent ME, has everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life." (John 5:24) WHAT A GIFT !
Your servant in CHRIST,
Julie



No comments:

Post a Comment