Saturday, September 26, 2026

"The Comfort Series: Our Certainty in CHRIST Brings Comfort"

 

John 3:36-14:7 "Simon Peter said unto HIM, LORD, whither goest THOU ? JESUS answered him, Whither I go, thou canst not follow ME now; but thou shalt follow ME afterwards. Peter said unto HIM, LORD, why cannot I follow THEE now ? I will lay down my life for THY sake. JESUS answered him, Wilt thou lay down thy life for MY sake ? Verily, verily, I say unto thee, The cock shall not crow, till thou hast denied ME thrice. 

Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in GOD, believe also in ME. In MY FATHER's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto MYSELF; that where I AM, there ye may be also. And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know. Thomas saith unto HIM, LORD, we know not whither THOU goest; and how can we know the way ? JESUS saith unto him, I AM the WAY, the TRUTH, and the LIFE: no man cometh unto the FATHER, but by ME. If ye had known ME, ye should have known MY FATHER also; and from henceforth ye know HIM, and have seen HIM."
     According to JESUS, not only can we as believers find comfort in this life by believing HIM (John 14:1 pictured above) and by looking for HIS any moment return (John 14:2-3), but we also can be heartened by the assurance of our relationship with GOD (John 14:5-7). The days in which the apostles lived were similar to our own. Paganism prevailed, and mankind worshiped innumerable false gods. How, then, did they find comfort amid this wicked, religious pluralism that surrounded them ? The disciples knew they were accepted by GOD the FATHER because they believed that JESUS alone was their connection to HIM. Today, we, too, can know we have a relationship with GOD if we have trusted in the PERSON and work of CHRIST, WHO is the WAY, the TRUTH, and the LIFE.
     First, JESUS is the WAY. HE not only shows people the way to GOD (by revealing the WAY), but HE is the WAY (that is, HE alone redeems us). The word way refers to a connection between two persons or things. JESUS CHRIST is the sole connection between GOD the FATHER and sinful man (John 14:6b pictured above). Second, JESUS is the TRUTH. HE is not merely a source of truth; HE is the TRUTH. No lie, imperfection, deception, error, or exaggeration exists in HIS person. Thus, everything true is of HIM. Third, JESUS CHRIST is the LIFE. Everlasting life with GOD comes only through the giver of life, the LORD JESUS (John 17:3 pictured below).
     Today, we can find comfort in the knowledge and assurance that we possess a relationship with GOD due only to the work of CHRIST. When we experience sorrow or discouragement from the circumstances around us, we must remember that our standing before GOD is sure because of the perfect, finished work of JESUS on our behalf ! MDC
Your servant in CHRIST,
Julie
Copyright, FEATURE: A Daily Bible Study Guide.
Used  with  permission.    www.featoday.org

https://www.fivestarchristianministries.com/salvation




No comments:

Post a Comment