Saturday, August 10, 2024

"Safeguard Against Sin"

 

Psalm 119:9-16 "Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way ? by taking heed thereto according to THY WORD. With my whole heart have I sought THEE: O let me not wander from THY commandments. THY WORD have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. Blessed art THOU O LORD: teach me THY statutes. With my lips have I declared all the judgments of THY mouth. I have rejoiced in the way of THY testimonies, as much as in all riches. I will meditate in THY precepts, and have respect unto THY ways. I will delight myself in THY statutes: I will not forget THY WORD."
     The individual who thinks he can live the life that GOD desires for him without expending any effort is a fool (vv.9-10,14). We must "exercise [ourselves] . . . unto godliness (1st.Timothy 4:7 pictured below), and this necessarily includes being "nourished up in the WORD's of faith and of good doctrine" (1st.Timothy 4:6 pictured above). If we neglect the teaching of GOD's WORD, then we will surely wander out of the place of HIS divine blessing. If, on the other hand, we give heed to the WORD of GOD, humbly receiving by faith HIS promised cleansing from sin, and with a "whole heart" (v.10) trust the LORD to accomplish in us what HE has promised, then no satanic oppression will defeat us. GOD will keep us safe within the confines of HIS many great and precious promises.
     A teachable spirit guards against sin (vv.11-12,15-16). Should we ever come to the place where we feel we have all the answers or think that a humble consideration of simple Bible truths is no longer necessary, then we are ready for a fall. We must rejoice in, meditate in, delight in, and hide in our heart the WORD if we are to be delivered from '[sinning] against THEE" (v.11). This entails more than merely committing biblical texts to memory -- it is keeping them in the heart. This is not just a mental exercise; it is allowing GOD's WORD to saturate and motivate our inner man.
     Another deterrent against Satan's devices is to constantly declare GOD's testimonies to others (v.13). A witness for the LORD must stay sharp, for the enemy of our faith is resolute in his attempt to silence truth. But GOD's hand of blessing and protection is upon those ambassadors who determine to make HIM known (Matthew 28:19-20 pictured above). DWC
Your servant in CHRIST,
Julie
Copyright, FEATURE: A Daily Bible Study Guide.
Used  with  permission.    www.featoday.org

https://fivestarchristianministries.com/salvation





No comments:

Post a Comment