Tuesday, August 4, 2015

" THY Face, LORD, Will I Seek "

Psalm 27:4-8   " One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to inquire in HIS temple.  For in the time of trouble HE shall hide me in HIS pavilion:  in the secret of HIS tabernacle shall HE hide me; HE shall set me up upon a rock.  And now shall mine head be lifted up above mine enemies round about me:  therefore will I offer in HIS tabernacle sacrifices of joy;  I will sing, yea, I will sing praises unto the LORD.  Hear, O LORD, when I cry with my voice:  have mercy also upon me, and answer me.  When THOU saidst,  Seek ye MY face;  my heart said unto THEE, THY face, LORD, will I seek." 
     As a general rule, great things are accomplished by those who maintain singleness of purpose.  Simple observation reveals that the goal-oriented individual is usually the one who succeeds in life.  In this Psalm, GOD's WORD reveals that what has proven to be true in the secular realm is also true concerning the sacred.  David had one goal:  to walk in daily fellowship with his GOD and to learn more of HIM with each passing day (v.4) - that was David's driving passion, and it should be ours as well. The immeasurable spiritual blessings and persistent fortitude he possessed when facing every foe were the fruits of such single-mindedness.  The LORD said to David, " Seek ye MY face "; the psalmist's heartfelt response was, " THY face, LORD, will I seek " (v.8).  It was as simple as that - simple, yes, but not easy !  Just think of all the distractions that keep us from daily honoring this request of our LORD. Troubles, fears, enticements, distractions, and apathy hinder us from earnestly seeking the LORD's face.  If this is our spiritual state, then we must put forth the effort required to get on track.
     Is it any wonder, then, that David experienced victory in the face of the enemy and rose above every adversity that would normally cause one's heart to fear ?  Now, because his focus was on his LORD, he could confidently say, " And now shall mine head be lifted up above mine enemies... therefore will I offer in HIS tabernacle sacrifices of joy;  I will sing, yea, I will sing praises unto the LORD " (v.6). What blessing and what joy are for those who seek the LORD in their time of need !  GOD rewarded David's singleness of purpose and faithful service, and the LORD desires the same of us. DWC
Your servant in CHRIST,
Julie
Copyright,  Feature:  A Daily Bible Study Guide.
Used  with  permission.  www.feasite.org

1 comment:

  1. Like it! Never looked at it that way, but it is so true

    ReplyDelete