Thursday, December 31, 2015

" Glorious Expectation "

Psalm 71:19-24   " THY righteousness also, O GOD, is very high, who has done great things:  O GOD, who is like unto THEE !  THOU, which hast shewed me great and sore troubles, shalt quicken me again, and shalt bring me up again from the depths of the earth. THOU shalt increase my greatness, and comfort me on every side. I will also praise THEE with the psaltery, even THY truth, O my GOD:  unto THEE will I sing with the harp, O THOU HOLY ONE of Israel. My lips shall greatly rejoice when I sing unto THEE; and my soul, which THOU hast redeemed. My tongue also shall talk of THY righteousness all the day long: for they are confounded, for they are brought unto shame, that seek my hurt. "
     The psalmist had to endure weakness, frailty, and the physical limitations that inevitably come with advanced age. Nevertheless, we see in our text that this elderly man of GOD expected even greater things ahead (vv.19-21). Looking prophetically forward, GOD's people have HIS promise of the literal, earthly fulfillment of the irrevocable covenant promises HE made to the patriarchs of old. The Millennial Kingdom shall indeed come, and the promised KING will rule the world in righteousness from David's throne. David himself looked forward to his promised resurrection when he, along with the other Old Testament saints, will be raised again to serve with their MESSIAH and KING in that glorious kingdom of which so many of the prophetic Scriptures speak. Yes David certainly was a great king when he ruled Israel of old, but his reign does not even begin to compare with the far greater glory that is to follow when the LORD JESUS CHRIST returns to rule and reign with HIS saints.
     Although the timing is different, the believer in this church age also has the blessed promise of resurrection. All who have trusted JESUS CHRIST during this present dispensation, be they Jew or Gentile, will be  "caught up" at the LORD JESUS CHRIST's return in the air, which takes place before the seven-year Tribulation period (Rev.3:10; 1st.Thess. 4:13-18). Those who have died in CHRIST will be resurrected; believers who are living at CHRIST's return (to the clouds only) will be raptured, without seeing death. Does the prospect of JESUS' imminent return give us joy ? The promise of future glory caused the psalmist to abound with thanksgiving and to be strengthened in his witness (vv.22-24). DWC
Your servant in CHRIST,
Julie
Copyright, Feature: A Daily Bible Study Guide.
Used with permission.   www.feasite.org

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I am glad that you are blessed by HIS WORD in my posts but I'm not sure what you mean by, Is it free ?

      Delete