Tuesday, August 23, 2016

" PEACE "

Isaiah 26:3-4   " THOU wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on THEE: because he trusteth in THEE. Trust ye in the LORD forever: for in the LORD JEHOVAH is everlasting strength: "
     Fighting, hatred, anger, unforgiveness, and other negative acts and attitudes permeate households and nations, revealing that some people do not truly desire peace. "My soul hath long dwelt with him that hateth peace, I am for peace: but when I speak, they are for war" (Psalm 120:6).  "The way of peace have they not known" (Isaiah 59:8 cf. Romans 3:17). False peace is made by lying men who say, "Peace, peace; when there is no peace" (Jeremiah 6:14;8:11). It is vital to realize that sin in the life also will rob you of peace: "Neither is there any rest in my bones because of my sin" (Psalm 38:3b). "There is no peace, saith the LORD, unto the wicked" (Isaiah 48:22 cf. 57:21).
     GOD is the source and giver of true peace. Isaiah spoke of JESUS CHRIST and declared, "HIS name shall be called . . . The PRINCE of PEACE" (Isaiah 9:6). HE is the ONE WHO gives "peace, peace to him that is far off, and to him that is near" (Isaiah 57:19; Ephesians 2:17). "The LORD will bless HIS people with peace" (Psalm 29:11b). "But the fruit of the SPIRIT is . . . peace" (Galatians 5:22). "And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance forever" (Isaiah 32:17). JESUS said, "Peace I leave with you, MY peace I give unto you" (John 14:27). "These things I have spoken unto you, that in ME ye might have peace" (John 16:33). "I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for THOU, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety" (Psalm 4:8). We obtain the genuine, lasting, perfect peace that GOD alone can give by "being justified by faith" (Romans 5:1), and we enjoy the full measure of that divine peace as we abide in HIM when we "depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it" (Psalm 34:14). PNF
Your servant in CHRIST,
Julie
Copyright, Feature: A Daily Bible Study Guide.
Used  with  permission.   www.feasite.org

4 comments:

  1. Awesome blog post, Julie. I'm reading Isaiah now. It's an awesome book. God bless you always and shared.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yesterday an elder of the church of my parents read from Isaiah 40, after condolences. Tomorrow is the funeral of my mother. God's word is giving strength, because God brings it in our heart by His Holy Spirit. God is a mighty giver of comfort, forgiveness and peace. Love your post and also the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sending more spiritual hugs to my dear Sister Jedidja. LORD grant her the greatest peace in her heart that all will be as you have promised her, that she will see her Mom again in the land of the living. In JESUS' precious name I pray, AMEN

      Delete