Saturday, November 11, 2017

" Smartphone Idolatry "

1st.Corinthians 7:29-31  " But this I say, brethren, the time is short: it remaineth, that both they that have wives be as though they have none; and they that weep, as though they wept not; and they that rejoice, as though they rejoiced not; and they that buy, as though they possessed not; and they that use this world, as not abusing it: for the fashion (form) of this world passeth away. "
Crowds of people in every major city, waited for days in line for the Iphone X

     An idol is anything that takes the place of GOD in our lives and robs HIM of our wholehearted devotion of which HE is so worthy. Is it possible that the smartphone and other electrical devices can become overly important to us ? Consider the following:

" Without a smartphone I can do nothing. "
" I can do all things through my smartphone that accompanies me. "
" Blessed be my smartphone that comforts me in all my tribulations that I may be able to text them which are in any trouble. "
" My smartphone is sufficient for me. "
" My smartphone which has done a good work in me will perform it until the next one comes out. "
" I count all things but loss for the excellency of the possession of my smartphone. "
" My smartphone shall supply all my need according to the power in the grid. "
" The cell phone is my guide, I shall not want. "
" My smartphone will never leave me nor forsake me. "
" On thy screen will I meditate day and night. "
" Text without ceasing ! "
" Looking for that blessed hope and the glorious appearing of the latest device."
" When I am weak, my signal is strong. "
" Fear not, for the apps will help thee ! "
Let us hold fast our smartphone. "
     Electronics certainly have a place in our lives, and they can be wonderfully used for the glory of GOD. BUT good things can be easily abused, robbing us of the full enjoyment of a vibrant relationship with JESUS CHRIST. BEWARE lest a good thing rob you of the best thing. " But this I say, brethren, the time is short: it remaineth, that . . . they that use this world, as not abusing it: for the fashion of this world passeth away " (vv.29,31).  " Little children, keep yourselves from idols. AMEN " (1st.John 5:21). GWZ
Your servant in CHRIST,
Julie
Copyright, FEATURE: A Daily Bible Study Guide.
Used  with  permission.   www.feasite.org

2 comments:

  1. I have a phone but hardly use it, as also my wife. We use it for family calls, emergencies and church related business, nothing else. All the other worldly issues are unimportant to us. We put our faith and trust in our savior Jesus Christ.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we have a little tracphone that we use only when we travel and this laptop that is a 2010 Dell that I do the LORD's work on. HE keeps it working for the ministry that HE has given me to do.
      But I do get really internally upset on how many people sit in the pews right before church starts going through their phone and the first thing they look at when service is over ! When I saw this study, it spoke and I had to reshare it.

      Delete