Friday, January 22, 2021

" A Systemic Problem "

 


Psalm 51:1-5  "Have mercy upon me, O GOD, according to THY lovingkindness; according unto the multitude of THY tender mercies blot out my transgressions. Wash me thoroughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin. For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me. Against THEE, THEE only, have I sinned, and done this evil in THY sight: that THOU might be justified when THOU speak, and be clear when THOU judges. Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me."

     Americans and, indeed, all nations-all people-are facing a systemic problem of the greatest magnitude. All other problems stem from this one universal issue. It became evident as soon as man sinned in the Garden of Eden, rebelling against the simple command of GOD. Man must recognize this systemic condition in order to deal with it properly, yet most people of the world vehemently deny it. The practice and behaviors that perpetuate its passage from generation to generation are built into the system itself because its roots are deeply entwined into the soil of humanity. Perhaps you have guessed the problem of which I speak - the problem from which all other problems stem - driven by the dynamic of hearts that are in opposition to GOD. That is right; it is contained in a single yet deadly word: sin.

     King David, after his sins of adultery and murder and under conviction by GOD's WORD, proclaimed, "I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me" (v.5), admitting that he was born a sinner - with a sin nature that condemned him before a Holy GOD. What David confessed as being at the root of his behavior is what is at the root and is the catalyst for executing and exacerbating every sinful practice in the world. Like David, we must come to the point where we admit to GOD that we sin because we are sinners and that we cannot approach HIM in our sinful condition. Our only hope is the hope that GOD HIMSELF offers: "the blood of JESUS CHRIST HIS SON (that) cleanses us from all sin" (1st.John 1:7). Only GOD has the remedy for the sin problem (Ephesians 1:7), and only those who have believed in CHRIST are free from sin's bondage. JED
Your servant in CHRIST,
Julie
Copyright, FEATURE: A Daily Bible Study Guide.
Used  with  permission.    www.feasite.org




No comments:

Post a Comment