Wednesday, May 12, 2021

" Are YOU a Christian ? "


How long have you been a Christian ?

     You may have a time you think of as a reference point for when you became a Christian. You may say, "I have been a Christian all of my life. I was born a Christian."

Really, how did you become a Christian ?

     You may say, "I try to keep the Ten Commandments and do the best I can." Some people say, "I became a Christian when I got water baptized." Others say, "I was born into a Christian family."

How does someone become a Christian ?

     If someone could become a Christian by being born into a Christian family, by keeping the Ten Commandments, or by being water baptized, we need to ask ourselves a very important question: Why then did JESUS have to come to earth and die on the cross ? My Friend, the bible has the answer !

     ". . .if righteousness come by the law, then CHRIST is dead in vain." (Galatians 2:21). JESUS had to suffer and die on the cross, because none of these things can make us Christians. The Bible states in Ephesians 2:8-9, "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of GOD: NOT of works, lest any man should boast." A work is something man can do. Being water baptized is a work. GOD said salvation is NOT of works, so being water baptized cannot make anyone a Christian.

     Eli, the High Priest, had 2 sons that GOD called the sons of Belial or the sons of the Devil. Adam and Eve admitted they were sinners and placed their faith in GOD. They had two sons born into their family, Cain and Abel. Cain was rejected by GOD. This shows us that just being born into a family that believes in GOD is not enough.

     The Bible also says in Galatians 3:11, "But that no man is justified by the Law in the sight of GOD. . .", so we can see that no one can become a Christian by keeping the Ten Commandments.

     We know that no one has ever been born a Christian through a physical birth, because JESUS said in John 3:3, "Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of GOD." Our response should be like the Philippian jailor, "What must I do to be saved ?"

     JESUS said in Mark 1:15, ". . .repent ye, and believe the Gospel." The Gospel can be explained like this: Because we are all children of Adam, we are all born sinners. "Wherefore, as by one man (Adam) sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:" (Romans 5:12). "Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the Gospel which I preached unto you,. . .by which also ye are saved,. . .For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that CHRIST died for our sins according to the Scriptures; and that HE was buried, and that HE rose again the third day according to the Scriptures:" (1st.Corinthians 15:1-4).

     In Romans 5:8 GOD says, "But GOD commendeth HIS love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, CHRIST died for us." JESUS paid the price for our sins. HE died and shed HIS blood in our place. GOD says if we will admit that we are sinners, believe that JESUS paid for our sins with HIS OWN blood, and receive HIM by faith, HE will give us eternal life. Romans 10:9-10 states, "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the LORD JESUS, and shalt believe in thine heart that GOD hath raised HIM from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believes unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto Salvation."

     Will you agree with GOD that you need to be saved and receive JESUS CHRIST as your personal LORD and SAVIOR right now ? If you will, pray this simple prayer or one like it with all your heart:

LORD, I know that I am a sinner, and I believe YOU died and rose again for me. I am trusting YOU to forgive me, come into my heart and save me. Help me to live for YOU always. In JESUS' name I pray, AMEN

     GOD says, "BEHOLD, NOW is the accepted time, BEHOLD, NOW is the day of salvation."  No one is promised any more time than the moment you are now living in. Do not put it off. GOD has promised eternal life to all those who put their faith in HIM. "And this is the record, that GOD has given to us eternal life, and this life is in HIS SON. He that has the SON has life; and he that has not the SON of GOD has not life. These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the SON of GOD; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the SON of GOD." (1st.John 5:11-13).
Your servant in CHRIST,
Julie



 

1 comment:

  1. Keep in mind that you have a fantastic homeschooling resource in your family if you require it! christian books

    ReplyDelete