Saturday, July 24, 2021

" I'M A PRETTY GOOD PERSON ? "


"Surely I will go to Heaven when I die. I would never hurt anybody. I am honest. I love and care for my family."

     It is true; most people believe they are pretty good. However, contrary to popular opinion, not all good people go to Heaven. In fact, you do not have to be a bad person to go to a Devil's Hell. Notice what the Bible says in Titus 3:5: "Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to HIS mercy HE saved us. . ." The Bible also states in Ephesians 2:8-9, "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of GOD: NOT of works, lest any man should boast." You can see that even if you are a good person, GOD's WORD declares that your goodness is not sufficient to merit Heaven.

     Another interesting fact found in the Bible is that you are not really as good as you think you are. Ecclesiastes 7:20 states, "For there is not a just man upon Earth, that does good, and sins not. As it is written, There is NONE righteous, no, not one: For ALL have sinned, and come short of the glory of GOD;" (Romans 3:10,23).

     It is true that you must have goodness to get to Heaven, but the truth is you do not possess that goodness in and of yourself. "But your iniquities have separated between you and your GOD, and your sins have hid HIS face from you, that HE will not hear." (Isaiah 59:2). "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of GOD is eternal life through JESUS CHRIST our LORD." (Romans 6:23). You see, everyone deserves to die and go to a Devil's Hell because of their sin; however, JESUS loved us so much that HE shed HIS sinless blood and died in our place. Three days later, CHRIST arose from the grave, proving that HE had conquered death and hell, and establishing that HE alone has the power to give us eternal life. 1st.Corinthians 15:1-2a,3-4 tells us, "Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the Gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; by which also ye are saved, . . .For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that CHRIST died for our sins according to the Scriptures; and that HE was buried, and that HE rose again the third day according to the Scriptures:" Also in Romans 5:8, the Bible tells us, "But GOD commended HIS love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, CHRIST died for us."

     Think about this. If your goodness, water baptism, church membership, liturgical prayers, or anything that man can do, could save you, JESUS would have died in vain. The fact is no one can possibly get to Heaven on their own. JESUS HIMSELF stated in John 14:6, "I AM the WAY, the TRUTH, and the LIFE: no man comes unto the FATHER; but by ME."

     Perhaps by now you are wondering how you can obtain JESUS CHRIST's goodness for yourself. It is really very simple. First, you must repent (an act of turning to GOD from your sin). Luke 13:3 states, ". . .except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish." True repentance produces a new way of living. "I thought on my ways, and turned my feet unto THY (GOD's) testimonies (WORD)." Psalm 119:59

     Secondly, you must believe that JESUS died and was raised again on the third day for you. "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the LORD JESUS, and shalt believe in thine heart that GOD has raised HIM from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believes unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation." (Romans 10:9-10).

     Finally, ask HIM to save you and take you to Heaven when you die. "For whosoever shall call upon the name of the LORD shall be saved." (Romans 10:13). Please call on HIM today. You have no guarantee of any more time than the moment you are now in. What a tragedy it would be for a good person like you to die and go to a Devil's Hell. Why not ask HIM to save you right now ? You can pray from your heart this simple prayer or one like it:

LORD, I know that I am a sinner, and I believe YOU died and rose again for me. I am trusting YOU to forgive me, come into my heart and save me. Help me to live for YOU always. In JESUS' name I pray, AMEN.

GOD's promise for you is everlasting life:

"For GOD so loved the world,
that HE gave HIS only begotten SON, 
that whosoever believes in HIM
should not perish, but
have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, he that hears MY WORD, and believes on HIM that sent ME, has everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life." (John 5:24)
Your servant in CHRIST,
Julie



 

No comments:

Post a Comment