Friday, December 3, 2021

" Restless Nights ? "

 


Psalm 4:8  "I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for THOU, LORD, only makes me dwell in safety."

Are you having restless nights ? Are you troubled about the future ? Is your job in jeopardy ? Are you concerned over your family's finances or health ? Are you wondering who is next and what is being done to stop the advance of sickness and disease ? Then STOP worrying and listen to the words of David in today's text: "I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for THOU, LORD, only makes me dwell in safety." Let me assure you that our GOD will bring us through this crisis occurring in our nation and world. We may not escape unscathed; hardships may be ahead; families may lose loved ones; the societal landscape of our nation may drastically change; but, one thing is sure - our GOD will never abandon HIS OWN. Flee to GOD's WORD to find your encouragement and comfort in time of trouble. Hear further words of assurance from the psalmist David with Psalm 56:3, above, and Psalm 3:5, below.
Also, "I have set the LORD always before me: because HE is at my right hand, I shall not be moved. Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoices: my flesh also shall rest in hope" (Psalm 16:8-9). Let those words wash over your soul; take comfort in them. Do not be fretful and doubting. Your heavenly FATHER knows exactly what you need, and HE will supply it in HIS perfect time. Our sovereign GOD is still on HIS throne, so lie down and sleep in peace and safety. And when you awake, JEHOVAH has promised to sustain you. Let Solomon's words of wisdom linger in your heart from Proverbs 3:24, below. JED
Your servant in CHRIST, Julie
Copyright, FEATURE: A Daily Bible Study Guide.
Used  with  permission.  www.featoday.org








No comments:

Post a Comment