Monday, June 19, 2023

" A Light for Our Way ! "

 

Psalm 119:105-112  "THY WORD is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path. I have sworn, and I will perform it, that I will keep THY righteous judgments. I am afflicted very much: quicken me, O LORD, according unto THY WORD. Accept, I beseech, THEE, the freewill offerings of my mouth, O LORD, and teach me THY judgments. My soul is continually in my hand: yet do I not forget THY Law. The wicked have laid a snare for me: yet I erred not from THY precepts. THY testimonies have I taken as an heritage fore ever: for they are the rejoicing of my heart. I have inclined mine heart to perform THY statutes always, even unto the end."
     The Bible enables the believer not to stumble in this dark, sin-cursed world: "THY WORD is a lamp unto my feet" (v.105a). The WORD of GOD also offers encouragement for walking along the path of uprightness, for it promises that the LORD will meet our distresses and weaknesses with HIS enabling grace (v.107). The enemy will do whatever he can to cause us to fall, but GOD's illuminating truth will reveal to us the snares (v.110). Finally, the WORD also will provide its readers with true, inner joy (v.111 pictured above). When we consider all of the aforementioned blessings the Scriptures have to offer, we must keep in mind that what the LORD gives, we must personally receive - "THY testimonies have I taken" (v.111a). We must apply the WORD's light to our life, for it is only when we allow it to guide us that we can be sure not to falter.
     Notice the psalmist's response to the light: "I have inclined mine heart to perform THY statutes always" (v.112 pictured above). Our continual heartfelt desire should be to accomplish the FATHER's will, for therein lies the key to walking in the light. Many professing Christians know the right path but they refuse to follow it - it is no wonder, then, that so many fall for Satan's devices. A determined resolution to obey the WORD must be in the believer's heart before he can hope to enjoy its blessings (v.106). The ever-present dangers of the enemy and, for some, even the threat of physical death should serve as constant reminders to the Christian of the brevity of life and, therefore, the supreme importance of living that life by the light of the WORD (vv.109-110). We can count on the WORD of GOD to guide us safely through life's journey to that heavenly city. DWC
Your servant in CHRIST,
Julie




No comments:

Post a Comment