Friday, September 29, 2023

" Why Me ? "

 

Why Me ?
By Tom Sexton

"For the thing which I greatly feared is come upon me,
and that which I was afraid of is come unto me." Job 3:25

Why Me ?

I must have done something wrong along life's way ?
Did I overlook my duty or for someone fail to pray ?

Why Me ?

Did I miss a turn on the pathway for my life ?
Am I on a detour that caused all this trouble and strife ?

Why Me ?

I thought I was on track and was keeping my life right.
What has caused these days to suddenly become night ?
I ask YOU dear LORD, 

Why Me ?

Then HE said, "As I was with Moses, so I will be with thee."
"If I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto ME."
Just wait, and one day you will know.
It was in the time of trouble faithfulness you did show.
And when time is no more, and you stand in eternity,
Seeing the people you reached will answer the question, 
"Why Me ?"

"For the thing which I greatly feared is come upon me, and that which I was afraid of is come unto me." Job 3:25

Trouble has a way of finding us. Why ? Is it because we live our life minding our own business, doing our own thing and letting people do as they please ? No. Is it because we sow discord and now it's time to reap what we have sown ? Not necessarily.

Job said, "I was not in safety, neither had I rest, neither was I quiet; yet trouble came." Job 3:26 Job is saying, I wasn't living a life caring only about myself and my family, I was not quiet when things were going wrong, yet trouble came.

Is it true "all that will live godly in CHRIST JESUS shall suffer persecution" ? 2nd.Timothy 3:12  Everyone is going to have trouble and heartbreak in life.

The Bible says, "Man that is born of woman is of few days, and full of trouble." Job 14:1  We cannot go through life without having trouble. It is just part of life. But Christians have the promise of HIS presence no matter what life brings into our journey. JESUS said, " I AM with you."

If you are going through trouble, don't stop walking. You will get through it. The most important question about trouble is, "Do others see JESUS in our life ?" The Bible says, "If any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify GOD on this behalf."  May we have the faith to say, "LORD help others see JESUS in me."

In the Time of Trouble:

Don't turn back. The Bible says, "The children of Ephraim, being armed, and carrying bows, turned back in the day of battle." Psalm 78:9 Nothing good ever comes out of those who turn back.

Don't discourage others. The Bible says, "Whither shall we go up ? our brethren have discouraged our heart, saying, The people is greater and taller than we; the cities are great and walled up to heaven; and moreover we have seen the sons of the Anakims there." Deuteronomy 1:28 We read where GOD's people were discouraged by their brethren.

Don't blame GOD. The Psalmist said, "Verily I have cleansed my heart in vain, and washed my hands in innocency." Psalm 73:13  He thinks knowing GOD has caused him to miss so much in life.

Don't develop a bad spirit. "The spirit of a man will sustain his infirmity; but a wounded spirit who can bear ?" Proverbs 18:14  Keep a good spirit.

Don't stop sharing the Gospel. "And they departed from the presence of the council, rejoicing that they were counted worthy to suffer shame for HIS name. And daily in the temple, and in every house they ceased not to teach and preach JESUS CHRIST." Acts 5:41-42  Never forget the world is waiting to hear the Gospel (pictured below)

Don't stop believing. "And JESUS answering saith unto them, Have faith in GOD." Mark 11:22  We must believe !
Your servant in CHRIST,
Julie
Why Me ? written by Tom Sexton
Fiveschristian@aol.com
www.FiveStarChristianMinistries.com

The Gospel


No comments:

Post a Comment