Saturday, October 21, 2023

" Struggling with Assurance ? "

 

Isaiah 45:18-25 "For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; GOD HIMSELF that formed the Earth and made it; HE hath established it, HE created it not in vain, HE formed it to be inhabited: I AM the LORD; and there is none else. I have not spoken in secret, in a dark place of the Earth: I said not unto the seed of Jacob, Seek ye ME in vain: I the LORD speak righteousness, I declare things that are right. Assemble yourselves and come; draw near together, ye that are escaped of the nations: they have no knowledge that set up the wood of their graven image, and pray unto a god that cannot save.

Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time ? who hath told it from that time ? have not I the LORD  ? and there is no GOD else beside ME; a just GOD and a SAVIOR; there is none beside ME. Look unto ME, and be ye saved, all the ends of the Earth: for I AM GOD, and there is none else. I have sworn by MYSELF, the WORD is gone out of MY mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto ME every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear. Surely, shall one say, in the LORD have I righteousness and strength: even to him shall men come; and all that are incensed against him shall be ashamed. In the LORD shall all the seed of Israel be justified, and shall glory."
     How can I know that I am saved, that my sins are forgiven, that I have eternal life now and forever, and that I will never be condemned to a Devil's Hell ? GOD's salvation promises are sure:

If I believe on the LORD JESUS CHRIST I will be saved (Acts 16:31 pictured below);
If I believe in CHRIST, I will receive forgiveness of my sins (Acts 10:43 pictured below);
If I believe on CHRIST then I have everlasting life (John 6:47 pictured below);
If I believe on GOD, I will never come into condemnation (John 5:24 pictured below).
I know GOD will keep HIS promises. If I do my part (believe on CHRIST), then GOD will do HIS part. I do not doubt that GOD will do HIS part, but my struggle involves whether I have done my part. Have I truly exercised saving faith ?
     There is a danger in introspection. Assurance does not come by looking at my faith; it comes by "looking unto JESUS" (Hebrews 12:2 pictured above). The more I examine my faith, the more discouraged I will be and the more doubts I will have. The more I look to my SAVIOR and contemplate HIS finished work, HIS saving power, and HIS love for poor, lost sinners, the more my faith will be strengthened. GOD never asks me to believe in my faith. Rather, the Bible commands me to place my weak faith in a wonderful SAVIOR WHO has promised to save to the uttermost all who come to GOD through HIM (Hebrews 7:25 second picture from the top of post). Charles Haddon Spurgeon, the English Pastor of London's Metropolitan Tabernacle, was saved based on this text" Look unto ME, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I AM GOD, and there is none else" (v. 22 pictured at top of post). The preacher once said, "Young man, look to JESUS CHRIST. Look ! Look ! You have nothing to do but look and live !" GWZ
Your servant in CHRIST,
Julie
Copyright,  FEATURE: A Daily Bible Study Guide.
Used  with  permission.    www.featoday.org








No comments:

Post a Comment