Tuesday, April 2, 2024

"THE GIFT OF GOD . . . Living Water"

 

The LORD JESUS used water to teach the woman at the well about eternal life. HE said, "Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again: But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst." (John 4:13-14)

HIS words stirred up a desire in her heart to want "living water." (John 4:10) She said to JESUS, "Sir give me this water". (John 4:15) Salvation and eternal life are the Living Water JESUS is speaking of.

First, we must desire Living Water
JESUS said, "Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness for they shall be filled." (Matthew 5:6) Do you thirst for this life JESUS offers ?

Second, we must see our need for CHRIST

The Bible says, "For all have sinned and come short of the glory of GOD." (Romans 3:23) HE paid our sin debt in full. When JESUS rose from the grave it proved GOD accepted HIS payment for our sin. Salvation is free but it is not cheap. It cost JESUS HIS life.

THIRD, we must ask for Living Water

The Bible says, "For whosoever shall call upon the name of the LORD shall be saved." (Romans 10:13) If you would be willing to turn to CHRIST, pray this simple prayer of salvation:

LORD, I know that I am a sinner, and I believe YOU died and rose again for me. I am trusting YOU to forgive me. Come into my heart and save me. Help me to live for YOU always. In JESUS' name I pray, AMEN.

The LORD JESUS said, ". . .I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish. . ." John 10:28 Everlasting life is ours when we receive CHRIST as our personal LORD and SAVIOR.

Now that you're a Christian:

Share your new-found faith with your family and friends (Acts 16:31-33)

Identify with CHRIST through believer's baptism and become part of a local, Bible-believing church (Acts 2:41-47)
Your servant in CHRIST,
Julie
GULF COAST BAPTIST CHURCH
Pastor Tom Sexton
312 SE 24th. Avenue
Cape Coral, FL  33990
GulfCoastBaptist@aol.com
www.gulfcoastbaptistchurch.com

https://fivestarchristianministries.com/salvation







No comments:

Post a Comment