Saturday, November 2, 2019

" Ten MUSTS in Order to Understand GOD's WORD "

Psalm 119:9-16   "Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way ? by taking heed thereto according to THY WORD. With my whole heart have I sought THEE: O let me not wander from THY commandments. THY WORD have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against THEE. Blessed art THOU, O LORD: teach me THY statutes. With my lips have I declared all the judgments of THY mouth. I have rejoiced in the way of THY testimonies, as much as in all riches. I will meditate in THY precepts, and have respect unto THY ways. I will delight myself in THY statutes: I will not forget THY WORD."
     To understand GOD's WORD, we must meet the following spiritual qualifications:

1. I must be born again (John 3:3 pictured,7). The person who is not born again cannot understand GOD's WORD because it is "spiritually discerned" (1st.Corinthians 2:14).

2. I must hunger for GOD's truth, which is found in GOD's WORD: "If ye continue in MY WORD . . . ye shall know the truth" (John 8:31-32).

3. I must desire to do GOD's will: "If any man will do HIS will (desires to do HIS will), he shall know of the doctrine" (John 7:16-17).

4. I must desire to grow: "As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the WORD" (1st.Peter 2:2).

5. I must obey the truth that I already know: "If ye know these things, happy are ye if ye do them" (John 13:17).
6. I must be a doer of the WORD: "But be ye doers of the WORD, and not hearers only" (James 1:22).

7. I must not only learn CHRIST's commandments but I must learn to observe (keep) HIS commandments: "Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I AM with you always, even unto the end of the world. AMEN" (Matthew 28:20 pictured).

8. I must take heed not only to the doctrine but also to myself: "Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them" (1st.Timothy 4:16; see also Acts 20:28).

9. I must realize that understanding the Bible is hard work: "Study (be diligent; make every effort) to show thyself approved unto GOD, a workman that needs not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the WORD of truth" (2nd.Timothy 2:15 pictured).

10.I must realize that understanding is a gift from the LORD; therefore, I need to be in right fellowship with my GOD and spiritually prepared and ready to receive understanding from HIM (2nd.Timothy 2:7; James 1:21 pictured). GWZ
Your servant in CHRIST,
Julie
Copyright, FEATURE: A Daily Bible Study Guide.
Used  with  permission.   www.feasite.org

No comments:

Post a Comment