Saturday, July 9, 2022

" One, There is a GOD; Two, You are NOT HIM "

 

Isaiah 44:6-8  "Thus saith the LORD the KING of Israel, and his REDEEMER the LORD of hosts; I AM the FIRST, and I AM the LAST; and beside ME there is no GOD. And who, as I, shall call, and shall declare it, and set it in order for ME, since I appointed the ancient people ? and the things that are coming, and shall come, let them show unto them. Fear ye not, neither be afraid: have not I told thee from that time, and have declared it ? ye are even MY witnesses. Is there a god beside ME ? yea, there is no god; I know not any."
     There are two immutable facts: One, there is a GOD; Two, you are not HIM." Those are the words on a poster that we displayed in our church foyer for several years, and they are true beyond dispute. The GOD of Heaven has revealed HIMSELF in creation, in HIS written WORD, and in the person of HIS SON, JESUS CHRIST. There can be no mistaking the fact that GOD is -- HE is eternal, and no other GOD exists. No one in his or her right mind could seriously make the claim of being GOD. But the true and living GOD, the SOVEREIGN of the universe, frequently makes this claim in Scripture, for HE is the self-existent ONE WHO reveals HIMSELF. HE is the eternal I AM.
     Reflect on the words of today's text: "Thus saith the LORD. . .I AM the FIRST, and I AM the LAST; and beside ME there is no GOD. . .Is there a god beside ME ? yea, there is no god; I know not any. . .I AM the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the Earth by MYSELF" (vv.6,8,24). Think further upon these words: "I AM the LORD: that is MY name: and MY glory will I not give to another" (Isaiah 42:8). To the nation of Israel, GOD clearly said: "Ye are MY witnesses, saith the LORD, and MY servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe ME, and understand that I AM HE: before ME there was no god formed, neither shall there be after ME. I, even I, AM the LORD; and beside ME there is no savior" (Isaiah 43:10-11). If GOD is GOD (and HE is) and if we are not GOD (and we are not), then our eyes must be upon HIM, our ears must be open to hear HIM, and our heart must be ready to receive HIM. Consider these facts carefully, for you are accountable to the ONE true GOD. JED
Your servant in CHRIST,
Julie
Copyright, FEATURE: A Daily Bible Study Guide.
Used  with  permission.    www.featoday.org










No comments:

Post a Comment