Saturday, September 7, 2013

" Where are YOU ? "

Hi Everyone, wherever YOU are. My husband & I moved from PA to FL. We started this journey nearly 10 1/2 years ago.  We were watching a FL Real Estate Auction Network. When they showed many homes in the Cape Coral area, we asked the LORD for ONE last GREAT Adventure, so we put our home & land up for sale. Well I thought that it would sell immediately !!! The LORD was going to give us the desire of our heart, but in HIS time, not ours. Timing with the LORD is very important, not so much with me, but HE was about to give my husband and I a lesson. I was so sure that the house would sell, right away, I started packing up the house. First there had to be a clean out of all the unnecessary things that we either did not need or were unable to take with us. Then came the yard sale.  We had lots of showings and interest but no one was able to afford the payments nor the down payment. After about 6 months I stopped packing & started wondering if this GREAT Adventure was just all in my head.  As I had started working towards the sale of our home, the LORD was doing some work of HIS own on us.
Patience has never been a strong suit of mine, my husband is better at that than I am, but the LORD'S timing is all in HIS hand & HE was allowing me to learn that in so many ways and often !!! I was frustrated, angry, anxious, perplexed and even bewildered as to why it was taking so long to sell our home.  2 1/2 years later we decided to take our home and land off of the market for the summer, fall and winter of 2012. Having your home on the market for 2 1/2 years had tired us both out and we needed a break.
Our oldest Granddaughter got married in Oct. of 2012 and I was forced to give up my job of more than 12 years on 12/21/12, which was quite unexpected.  So we felt that the LORD really wanted us to put the house and land back on the market and go with a different realtor, which we did.  We were to put it back on the market after the New Year, which we also did.  The house was under contract almost immediately, which caused another issue to show up. WHERE WERE WE GOING TO MOVE TO ???  Cape Coral FL had always been in my mind and heart. We had purchased a laptop computer just so we could see the listings. I had my heart set on a condo in the Van Loon Condo Complex, but again our precious LORD had to reel us in and send us in the direction HE wanted us to go.  I had been tracking 11 Van Loon Condos for about 3 months. When it was time for us to make a choice on where to purchase, there was not one of them available !!!  But there was a really cute, large condo that had become available for about 2 days then someone put a bid in on it. So we thought that we would have no place to go. PATIENCE again was the WORD that came to mind and one week later that cute, large condo once again became available ( for a GREAT price of course ) right in the heart of Cape Coral.
You may not understand what the big deal is about us moving from PA to FL. FIRST of all I kind of know how Abraham felt when GOD told him to leave his kindred and move to a land that I ( GOD ) will show to you and he left not knowing where he was going to end up. Now my husband and I knew where we were going, but we had never visited FL or vacationed in FL or even when we picked out the condo, it was only by the pictures that we could see on our computer screen. We trusted that our real estate agent, Erik, was trustworthy and that the home inspector was reputable. BUT our real TRUST was put in our LORD and SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST.  HE put us exactly where HE wanted us, and taught us many lessons in the 3 1/2 years that it took HIM to put us here.
WE ARE EXACTLY WHERE HE WANTED US TO BE !!!
Where are you supposed to be ? Have you  #trusted in the LORD JESUS CHRIST as your personal  #SAVIOR ?  As sinners, bound for an eternity in hell, we are separated from the GOD who created each one of us.  JESUS'S death on the cross, to pay for our sins, made a way for everyone to be saved. John 3:16 says, " For GOD so loved the world that HE gave HIS only begotten SON, that whomsoever believes in HIM shall not perish but have #everlasting life. " That WHOMSOEVER is you. So where are you ? On your way to #heaven  or  #hell.  It's you choice.
Your servant in CHRIST,
Julie

UPDATE:  We have been here in Florida for almost 8 years; and YES, we are right where the LORD wanted us to be and doing what HE has for us to do !

2 comments:

  1. Right where the Lord wants you to be! I love that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, when people hear about how we got here and that we had no friends or family nor had we ever stepped foot in FL, we are looked at rather strangely. Actually I always considered FL the very last state in the US that I would ever live in ! I guess no one moves on the WORD of the LORD anymore !

      Delete