Thursday, August 3, 2023

" Helpful Thoughts on Bible Reading and Study "

 

Psalm 119:1-16 "Blessed are the undefiled in the way, who walk in the law of the LORD. Blessed are they that keep HIS testimonies, and that seek HIM with the whole heart. They also do no iniquity: they walk in HIS ways. THOU hast commanded us to keep THY precepts diligently. O that my ways were directed to keep THY statutes ! Then shall I not be ashamed, when I have respect unto all THY commandments. I will praise THEE with uprightness of heart, when I shall have learned THY righteous judgments. I will keep THY statutes: O forsake me not utterly.

Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way ? by taking heed thereto according to THY WORD. With my whole heart have I sought THEE; O let me not wander from THY commandments. THY WORD have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against THEE. Blessed art THOU, O LORD: teach me THY statutes. With my lips have I declared all the judgments of THY mouth. I have rejoiced in the way of THY testimonies, as much as in all riches. I will meditate in THY precepts, and have respect unto THY ways. I will delight myself in THY statutes: I will not forget THY WORD."
     Consider these eighteen "seed thoughts" as you approach your Bible reading and study each day:

1.  Seven days without reading the Bible makes one weak (1st.John 2:14 pictured above).

2.  "I never saw a useful Christian who was not a student of the Bible" (D.L.Moody).

3.  When you daily read the Bible and pray, you take the time out to take eternity in.

4.  What is the greatest error a person can make in his life ? See Matthew 22:29.

5.  Do not read the Bible looking for difficulties; read the Bible looking for truth.

6.  Prevent truth decay. Read your Bible every day.

7.  The Bible is a unique Book -- its AUTHOR is always present when one reads IT.

8.  Other books are given for our information; the Bible was given for our transformation (2nd.Corinthians 3:18 pictured below).
9.  The Bible will keep you from sin, or sin will keep you from the Bible.

10 Is there a command to obey ? A promise to believe ? An example to follow ? A sin to avoid ? A truth about GOD to contemplate ?

11. The Bible that is falling apart usually belongs to someone who is not.

12. What is your greater concern -- learning more of the Bible or living the little you do know ?

13. It is a great responsibility to own a Bible (Luke12:48).

14. Do not try to change the Bible, let the Bible change you.

15. When you study the Scriptures "hit or miss" you are likely to miss more than you hit.

16. Do not be a Dead Sea Christian (inlets but no outlets). Share what you learn from GOD's WORD with others !

17. We are Bible believers, so let us be Bible behavers as well.

18. Never let good books take priority over the GOOD BOOK, the Bible. The pure spring is better than the streams that flow from the pure spring.  GWZ
Your servant in CHRIST,
Julie
Copyright, FEATURE: A Daily Bible Study Guide.
Used  with  permission.    www.featoday.org





No comments:

Post a Comment