Saturday, August 12, 2023

" What is STOPPING You from Heaven ? "

 


. . . Unforgiven, unrepentant pride & sin ! GOD says in HIS WORD that we are all born sinners, "For all have sinned and come short of the glory of GOD." (Romans 3:23). Also in Romans 3:10-12 GOD says, "As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one; there is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after GOD. They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one."

Long before the world was ever created GOD made a plan to redeem (save) mankind from their sin debt. You see, just as in human terms, when someone does something against the Law they must pay for it. GOD says that the wages of our sin is death. From the beginning of creation, GOD created mankind as a living soul that would live forever. When mankind chose to sin, death came into our lives. GOD made a way to redeem (save) mankind by sending HIS only begotten SON to Earth as a baby, to live a sinless life and then allow sinful man to nail HIM to a cross to die in our place and pay for our sins. 

1st.Corinthians 15:1-2s,3-4 gives us the Gospel of what JESUS did for us on the cross, "Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the Gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and where in ye stand; by which also ye are saved, . . For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that CHRIST died for our sins according to the Scriptures; and that HE was buried, and that HE rose again the third day according to the Scriptures:"

GOD sent JESUS to save you and me from our sin debt that we owed GOD but could not pay ourselves. WHY ? LOVE ! "For GOD so loved the world, that HE gave HIS only begotten SON, that whosever believes in HIM should not perish, but have everlasting life. For GOD sent not HIS SON into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through HIM might be saved. He that believes on HIM is not condemned: but he that believes not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten SON of GOD." (John 3:16-18)

How can GOD forgive us - because of what JESUS did on the cross for us. HIS love for mankind knows no bounds. HE gave the very best to save us. So you see, there should be nothing that stands between you and having a home in Heaven !  So what is STOPPING you from a home in Heaven, from being forgiven and receiving a whole new life here on Earth ? The only thing STOPPING you is you !  Come to JESUS, repent (turning to GOD from your sin) of your sin and ask JESUS to save you. You can pray this simple prayer of repentance and faith or one like it with all your heart:

LORD, I know that I am a sinner, and I believe YOU died and rose again for me. I am trusting YOU to forgive me. Come into my heart and save me. Help me to live for YOU always. In JESUS' name I pray, AMEN.

JESUS said in Romans 10:9-10,13  "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the LORD JESUS, and shalt believe in thine heart that GOD hath raised HIM from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. . .For whosoever shall call upon the name of the LORD shall be saved."

So now there should be nothing STOPPING you ! JESUS made the only way to Heaven. One of JESUS' many promises to HIS disciples and to us was penned in John 14:1-6 "Let not your heart be troubled; ye believe in GOD, believe also in ME. In MY FATHER's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto MYSELF; that where I AM, there ye may be also. And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know. Thomas, saith unto HIM, LORD we know not whither THOU goest; and how can we know the way ? JESUS saith unto him, I AM the WAY, the TRUTH, and the LIFE: no man cometh unto the FATHER, but by ME."

You see, JESUS made a home for you in Heaven and HE made the only way to get there. So, what is STOPPING you, NOTHING  !
Your servant in CHRIST,
Julie




No comments:

Post a Comment