Tuesday, October 8, 2013

What has YOUR god done for YOU lately ?

These days it seems that a lot of people are thinking " what can someone do for me ? " instead of what can we do for others. Well I have a GOD that has done so much for me that it is hard to keep track, but let me try and give just a small fraction of what my GOD has done:
FIRST OF ALL in HIS Creation - Gen.1:1 In the beginning GOD created the heavens and the earth.  All the beauty that we see on a daily basis was all created for us to enjoy. Even in GOD's creation of mankind, HE created us with a perfect design. Gen.1:26,27 - Then GOD said, " Let US make man in OUR image, according to OUR likeness; let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth." So GOD created man in HIS own image; in the image of GOD  HE created him; male and female HE created them. MY GOD loved me enough to create me in HIS image with HIS feelings and emotions, with a soul and a spirit. HE created me to live forever with HIM but when man chose to sin in the Garden of Eden that fellowship was broken.  But even there my GOD created a way for me to live with HIM forever in heaven.
SECONDLY IN PROVIDING for Me and You - Many false religions are in the world today just as there were in the day of CHRIST.  But GOD the FATHER wrote in Isa.45:20 thru 22 - Assemble yourselves and come; draw near together, you who have escaped from the nations. They have no knowledge, who carry the wood of their carved image, and pray to a god that cannot save. Tell and bring forth your case; yes, let them take counsel together. Who has declared this from ancient time ? Who has told it from that time ? Have not I, the LORD ? And there is no other GOD besides ME, a just GOD and a SAVIOR; there is none besides ME. Look to ME, and be saved, all you ends of the earth ! For I AM GOD and there is no other. In John 3:16 JESUS said, " For GOD so loved the world that HE gave HIS only begotten SON that whomsoever believes in HIM should not perish, but have everlasting life."   GOD the FATHER loved me so much that HE sent the very best HE had to save me from my sin.
 GOD the SON, the perfect LAMB of GOD who laid HIS own life down on the cross for my sin. JESUS says in John 10:15 thru 18 - As the FATHER knows ME, even so I know the FATHER; and I lay down MY life for the sheep. And other sheep I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring, and they will hear MY voice; and there will be one flock (Jews and Gentiles) and one Shepherd. Therefore MY FATHER loves ME, because I lay down MY life that I may take it again. No one takes it from ME, but I lay it down of MYSELF. I have power to lay it down (on the cross), and I have power to take it again (raise from the dead). This command I have received from MY FATHER."
LASTLY, HE keeps ME Forever - JESUS said in John 10:27 thru 30 " MY sheep hear MY voice, and I know them, and they follow ME, and I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of MY hand. MY FATHER who has given them to ME is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch them out of MY FATHER's hand. I and MY FATHER are ONE."  JESUS also said in John 14:1 thru 4, " Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in GOD, believe also in ME. In MY FATHER's house are many mansions, if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you, and if I go and prepare a place for you I will come again and receive you to MYSELF, that where I am, there you may be also. And where I go you know, and the way you know.  Of course Thomas asked JESUS about where HE was going and how they could get there. In verse 6 JESUS said to him, " I AM the way, the truth, and the life. No man comes to the FATHER except through ME."
So my GOD, who is the only ONE TRUE and LIVING GOD, loved me enough to create me, sustains me through all kinds of trials in life, meets every need and even some of my wants if they fall in line with HIS will for my life. HE provided the very best payment for my sin through JESUS CHRIST's death on the cross, also when HE rose from the dead that showed that the payment was perfect and accepted by GOD the FATHER. And when it is time for me to shake off this earthly tent of flesh either by death or when JESUS comes for HIS bride, the church, HE provides for me a mansion, forever to live with HIM in Heaven.
WHAT A GOD I HAVE and what has your god done for you lately ?
Your servant in CHRIST,
Julie



6 comments:

  1. As always, great post. I wish I could write as well as you but at least I get to share and lead others through your words. Different talents...one Spirit. God bless you always, Julie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brenda, I love to write and I don't seem to get to write as much these days as I did when I first started the blog. I will have to make the time somewhere in my day because the LORD has given me many things to write about ! Thank you my Sister, for the encouragement. May the LORD find me the time !

      Delete
  2. Beautiful post, Julie. God bless and our husbands have the same name. In September, our 30th anniversary, we are getting "married" again. Although we are legally married, of course, we still want to make it official. I wish you could be there. We married on the altar of YHWH the first time and our marriage SHOULD have ended as we went through more than our share and I mean horrible things that tried, and ultimately made me rededicate my life to Jesus Christ, my faith. We endured by God's grace alone and now we are in our honeymoon phase. I'm wondering if we should this time get married at the beach, in His awesome creation. It's hard to decide. God bless you and David with many more years. I read your profile! Oh, can you please email me to tell me HOW to put words on pictures? I don't have a clue, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brenda, The remarry thing sounds wonderful. I have often told my husband that I would love to do that, but he gives me that man look. : - ) I just forwarded and e-mail from Jackie that tells you where and how to add text to pictures.

      Delete
  3. My God gives me the breath of life each and every day to serve Him. He also has given me all the blessings throughout my life of which I have enjoyed along with my friends and family all through the years. All the glory for such a rich and wonderful life goes to Him and also His promise of eternal life believing in His sacrifice on Calvary's cross, shedding His precious blood for our salvation. My faith and trust in Him will never falter or grow weak for I know that He is:Joh 14:6  Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AMEN, Earl, There is nothing that we have that doesn't come from the graciousness of our LORD and SAVIOR. There are way too many who do not give HIM even one moment of Thanks for anything. Very sad

      Delete